VANDERBILT AFTER SCHOOL CHILD CARE PROGRAM
WILL MOVE TO SIGNAL HILL ELEMENTARY
Effective Monday, December 7, 2020
Dear Vanderbilt After School Child Care Families,
Our After School Programs are experiencing significantly decreased enrollment. This has created a serious threat to the financial operation of our program. REACH CYA Child Care programs are self-sustaining and lack financial reserves to weather the current crisis brought on by the pandemic.
We have conducted staff layoffs but now we must also restructure our After School programs and merge locations. It is our hope that this will be a temporary situation, but we have no other option at this time.
Changes to Vanderbilt Child Care Location:
Before School Program – No changes at this time
After School Program – students will attend child care at Signal Hill Elementary
District transportation will be provided at dismissal time for students who are on the child care daily attendance schedule. Students will travel from Vanderbilt to Signal Hill Elementary.
- HHH District will provide a dedicated bus for child care students only.
- Buses will have a maximum capacity of 21 students.
- Attendance will be taken at departure and arrival.
- Students are expected to arrive at Signal Hill Elementary at approximately 3:45pm
- Staffing– Several of our Vanderbilt staff members will transfer to the Signal Hill program.
- All programs will continue to maintain consistent cohorts of no more than 15 students.
- Vanderbilt families must pick up their child from Signal Hill Elementary no later than 6:15pm.
- Please park in the parking lot and walk to the Side Cafeteria Door that faces Caledonia Road. See diagram below.
- Signal Hill Elementary is located at 670 Caledonia Road., Dix Hills, NY 11746
This is approximately 2 miles/5 minutes from Vanderbilt Elementary.
We appreciate your support during this challenging time and thank you for your understanding.
If you have any questions please contact the REACH CYA office at 631-549-9417 or email@example.com