Welcome to the REACH Community and Youth Agency Pre-Kindergarten Program
REACH CYA Pre-K has been a proud collaborative partner of Half Hollow Hills Central School District since 1999.
Our Pre-K classrooms are fully integrated into every elementary school in Half Hollow Hills School District. Our program is designed to introduce children to early learning experiences that build critical foundations for a lifetime of learning. Each classroom is an active learning environment bursting with learning experiences that build background knowledge for academic achievement and a successful transition to Kindergarten.
Our highly qualified, NYS certified teachers, and paraprofessionals, encourage each student’s natural curiosity, interests and skills through intentional, play-based activities and learning activities that help children grow academically and socially. Learning takes place in large and small groups and one-to-one time with the teacher. Student’s progress is regularly reviewed which allows the teacher to plan teaching and learning activities to meet the needs of each individual child.
REACH CYA utilizes The Creative Curriculum for Preschool, a research-based early education curriculum. The learning objectives align to NYS Early Learning Guidelines and NYS Pre-K Foundation for the Common Core. The Creative Curriculum provides a framework for teachers to plan developmentally appropriate learning experiences that address language and literacy, math, science, social-emotional and physical development.
REACH CYA Pre-K builds strong, safe, classroom communities where children are engaged, supported and challenged while they develop a love of learning at school.
- Children must turn 4 years old by Dec. 31, 2023 and not be Kindergarten eligible.
- Classes are 5 hours per day, five days per week and follow the school district calendar.
- Current hours are 9:30am to 2:30pm and are subject to change.
- Classes are located in each elementary school. Placement in your child’s home school is not guaranteed.
- Maximum enrollment of 20 children in each session with a NYS Certified teacher, and two classroom assistants.
- Classes will follow school district health and safety guidelines.
- Students must be able to attend to bathroom needs independently.
- TRANSPORTATION IS NOT PROVIDED
- Universal Pre-K is funded by a grant provided to the District by NYS.
- Applications become available in January.
- Following the passage of the NYS Budget in mid-Spring, a lottery system will be utilized if the number of applicants exceeds available placements.
- HHH will inform families of the results of the lottery drawing.
- Families who are selected must complete HHH Student Registration and
REACH CYA ENROLLMENT
- Families must complete REACH CYA enrollment forms after HHH Student Registration is finalized.
- Daily Snack (All Classrooms are Peanut/Nut-Free) Lunch information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Classroom materials and start-up student supplies.