REACH CYA School Age Child Care COVID-19 Guidelines
The NYS Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) license all REACH CYA School Age Before and After School Programs. REACH CYA follows all rules and regulations set forth by OCFS. REACH CYA continually updates our policies, procedures and practices to meet OCFS requirements.
Health and Safety / Screening (Risk of COVID-19 Transmission)
- Health screening, including temperature checks of all children, staff and parent/legal guardians each day before entering the program.
- Use of daily screening questionnaire for children, staff and parent/legal guardian each day.
- Children or staff with a temperature greater 100.0 will not be permitted into the program.
- At any time when a staff member develops a temperature greater than 100.0, the staff member will be dismissed and sent home from the program.
- Children becoming ill at program will be separated from group and supervised by REACH CYA staff while awaiting pick up from a parent.
- Children or staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 will only be permitted to return to program based upon the guidelines set forth by the Department of Health (DOH), Center for Disease Control (CDC) and OCFS.
- Limit visitors to the program to only essential visitors.
- All food items served to children will be in individually wrapped packages.
Hygiene/ Cleaning, Disinfecting Requirements
- Adhere to hygiene, cleaning and disinfection requirements from the CDC, DOH and OCFS.
- Will maintain logs that include date, time and scope of cleaning and disinfection.
- Assign Safety Monitor as required by OCFS.
- Train all children and staff on proper hand washing and appropriate respiratory hygiene.
- Follow all NYS OCFS guidelines on hand washing times and techniques.
- Conduct regular cleaning and disinfection of materials and surfaces used by REACH CYA.
- REACH CYA will provide hand sanitizer, face coverings and gloves for staff.
- All staff are required to wear face coverings throughout the length of the program.
- All staff will be trained on how to adequately put on a face covering, take off, clean and discard according to CDC guidelines.
- REACH CYA will follow school district guidelines regarding children wearing face coverings.
- Children will be in small consistent groups, 15 or less children in group, paired with social distancing.
- Members of the same household may remain together.
- Where practical and possible, physical barriers will be maintained between each group.
- When and wherever possible, each small consistent group of children and staff will be maintained.
For more information regarding NYS Guidelines REACH will adhere to you can also visit: https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/Childcare_and_Summer_Camps_Summary.pdf