We want our trips to be fun experiences for all youth. Please choose trips carefully!
Please call our office @ (631) 549-9417 prior to registration if you have any questions
Who can attend REACH CYA summer trips?
- Trips are open to youth entering grade 6 through 12 from Commack and Half Hollow Hills.
- Youth must be self-sufficient, able to function independently, and follow all safety rules.
How are trips supervised?
- Trips are supervised by trained, adult staff. Staff/Youth ratio is approx. 1:10.
- Youth must check-in with staff immediately upon arrival, and check-out before departing.
- Staff are responsible for supervising the group as a whole and are not assigned to individual students or sub-groups.
- In open venues, such as Adventureland, youth have the freedom to walk around independently. They are informed where some staff members will be stationed in case they are needed while other staff are constantly patrolling the park .
- Youth are issued a wrist band to wear on each trip. Wrist bands not only help identify members of our group, but also contain our office phone number for youth to call in case of emergency.
Where do trips leave from?
- When traveling by van or bus, trips leave from the REACH CYA office at the Fran Greenspan Administration Building, 525 Half Hollow Road, Dix Hills.
- Please note: Transportation is not provided on three of our trips as noted (RPM Go Carts, Zip Line @ LI Adventure Park & Adventureland).
Can I drop-off or pick-up my child from the venue instead of taking the van or bus?
- No. All participants must depart and return as a group on all van and bus trips.
What time should I drop-off my child?
- Please follow the times listed on the calendar. Do not drop-off early or pick-up late. Anyone arriving before Drop-off time must remain in their car until trip time.
How does the Wait List work?
- If a trip is sold-out you will not be able to select it online.
- Please contact our office by phone (631-549-9417) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and request to be placed on a wait list for your desired trips.
- You will not be charged until a spot becomes available.
- Spots often become available, and we will call from the wait list in the order your request was received. If we call and do not get a response within the specified amount of time, we will move on to the next person on the wait list.
Is lunch included?
- Lunch and/or ices are included only where noted. Please read the individual trip details for information regarding when youth should bring money for lunch/snacks or when a bag lunch is required.
What happens if it’s raining?
- Trips will not be rescheduled.
- If REACH cancels a trip a refund will be issued.
- Many outdoor venues operate rain or shine and do not close unless it is severe weather. If the venue stays open refunds cannot be issued.
What are the Waiver Forms?
- Many of the venues we visit require families to sign an additional waiver form.
- Forms will be emailed to you after registration.
- Waiver forms must be completed by the date specified or your trip may be cancelled.
Will I get a refund if I cancel a trip?
- Our trip prices are based on full attendance and many of our trips are pre-paid. To receive a refund, our office must receive notice of cancellation one week prior to the trip and your spot must be filled.
- There is a $10 service fee for all cancellations.
Please call or email our office if you have additional questions!
631-549-9417 / email@example.com